10.11.2007

Theme Thursday - Linear

Photobucket

Thursday has well and truly been and gone so I'm late with this post. It has been a busy week ! Jono is home on two weeks school holidays. I've had him at soccer camp all morning every day this week. Alia and I spent three hours hanging out at the field each morning, most of that time in the back of the station wagon, backed in to view the field. Seats down, pillows, blankets, books, games, coloring in tow !! It was an enjoyable, slow time.

Back to Theme Thursday ... I'm not sure that this photo even fits the theme. Linear. I looked it up at dictionary.com though and I think it might fit ...

lin·e·ar – adjective

1. of, consisting of, or using lines: linear design.
2. pertaining to or represented by lines: linear dimensions.
3. extended or arranged in a line: a linear series.
4. involving measurement in one dimension only; pertaining to length: linear measure.
5. of or pertaining to the characteristics of a work of art in which forms and rhythms are defined chiefly in terms of line.
6. having the form of or resembling a line: linear nebulae.
7. Mathematics.
a. consisting of, involving, or describable by terms of the first degree.
b. having the same effect on a sum as on each of the summands: a linear operation.
8. Electronics. delivering an output that is directly proportional to the input: a linear circuit; a linear amplifier.
9. threadlike; narrow and elongated: a linear leaf.

I think that this photo has the form of or resembles a line ... not a straight one ... maybe a line made by four year olds ... you've seen it right ? They are told to line up and it is never straight !!

8 comments:

Demara July 5, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

It is a very neat photo.

Mari July 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

I think it works. It's really a striking picture.

Anonymous July 7, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

I think it's gorgeous. AND linear :-)

Stacy July 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Beautiful photo and I do think it fits the theme well! Soccer camp sounds very nice and relaxing for you and Alia. :)

Demara July 25, 2008 at 4:51 AM  

Where are you Bonnie?

I keeping checking in for updates, but nobody's home!

Hope all is well and you're enjoying your summer (or is it Winter there rather?)!

Miss you,
Demara

Demara August 1, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

I still am checking in...and I miss you!

Mari August 31, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

Hey - I miss you! Where have you been? I was thinking about your painting the other day and I bet it's almost done.

Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

hi bonnie,
thanks for coming to my blog and playing in the giveaway! i love anything from savannah bee company....great photos - i also love to photograph flowers!
kim

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP