10.11.2007

Cinderella

Have you heard this song ?
It's off of Steven Curtis Chapman's new album.
I heard it this morning for the first time and I couldn't control the tears.
I'm sure you've all heard about the tragedy that occurred in his family just last month.
Reading about it makes the words of this song even more powerful to me.
If you have five or ten minutes, and a box of tissues, pop over to
Steven Curtis Chapman.com and watch this video.
After the music video, Steven shares the inspiration behind the song.
I think it will speak to your heart.
It sure did to mine.




Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman.

She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She will be gone.

Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
but I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
(even one song)
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

5 comments:

Cheri June 17, 2008 at 5:49 AM  

It came on the radio yesterday and I had to turn the station. I can't hold back the tears everytime I hear it.
They had a precious story in People magazine about Maria too. What a beautiful child and a beautiful family. At her funeral Mary Beth said that she always told them that her favorite times were when the whole family was together. What a tragedy.

Mari June 17, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

This song gets me every time. Ever since I heard about their tragedy, I think of it when I hear this song.

Anonymous June 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Yes, I love that song. It's so sad, though, what happened to his family.

Wil's Wheels June 19, 2008 at 3:39 AM  

Yes, I've heard it and it is one of my favorites. It came to mind when I read of his family's tragedy. I can't imagine.

Sabba and Nanny June 22, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

I didn't have a box of kleenex, but I did have a roll of paper towels (Brawny paper towels--I guess it's all right for a man to cry on Brawny paper towels, eh?) I hadn't read the first stanza of the words--even before the music started--before the emotions started coming.

I am so thankful that my Cinderellas are not gone! They have found their princes and are living happily ever after, but even though far away, they are not gone. (And the one close at hand is princeless but also priceless.)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP